Home | Overseas Career Guide | How to Buy | Order Now   TrW15H10
How to Go to > TrW15H30 United States TrW15H30 United Kingdom TrW15H30 New Zealand TrW15H30
Canada Europe Australia
TrW15H10 MidBluRndCnr TrW15H10 TrW20H10 TrW180H01 TrW15H10
 Dental Career Guide
TrW08H08 About Guide
Table of Contents
Order Now

 Customer Support


How to Buy
About eBooks
Common Questions
Request Support

 Health Professions

Physicians / Doctors
Dental Career
Nursing Career
Pharmacy Career
Physical Therapy
Occupational Therapy
Coming Soon



Overseas Dental Career
United States
The  first step you need to take is to contact the state board of dentistry in the state where you want to be licensed to find out the licensure requirements.

Requirements vary from state to state, especially for graduates from dental schools outside the United States or Canada. So, you must know exactly what is required for licensure in the state where you wish to practice, including information on clinical examination requirements. This will save a lot of time, money and energy.

The next step will be to contact the American Dental Association Joint Commission on National Dental Examinations (ADA JCNDE) to get information about the written National Board Dental Examinations.

Sitting for and passing the National Board Dental Examinations (NBDE) is an important thing you will need to do to begin the process of  becoming licensed in the United States. This examination is a licensure requirement in all states in the United  States of America. It is also a requirement for admission to a dental education program if you are accepted into a dental school with advanced standing, an advanced general dentistry or a specialty education program.

The next point of contact is ECE. To be eligible to take the NBDE, International Dental Graduates (graduates from dental schools not accredited by the ADA Commission on Dental Accreditation or the Commission on Dental Accreditation of Canada) must have their dental course transcripts verified by Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc. (ECE).

The Joint Commission will process an application to take the National Board Dental Examinations only after it receives the ECE Evaluation Report.

Now you need to prepare a list of dental schools where you can obtain additional education in an accredited dental or advanced dental education program. Most states require that graduates of dental schools in other countries obtain additional education in an accredited dental education program.

Find out from the state board of dentistry what education is required of foreign dental graduates so you can be sure to meet its requirements. States vary on the type of education that is required for licensure. Most states require candidates to complete additional education in general dentistry while some others will also accept completion of education in a specialty program.

If you become licensed in a state that accepts specialty education, and you later choose to move to another state that requires education in general dentistry, it is possible that you will have to go back for additional education in general dentistry in order to obtain a dental license in that state.

You must successfully complete the clinical examination required in the state where you wish to obtain a license.

All states require successful completion of a clinical examination to obtain a dental license in addition to the educational requirement and successful completion of the written National Board Dental Examinations.

Clinical examinations can be administered by an individual state board or one of four regional examining boards. Most states participate in one or more regional examinations. Individual states contract with a regional examining board that will administer the clinical exam required for those states. The regional testing agencies do not have the authority to license  individuals and should not be confused with state boards of dentistry.

You need to contact the state board of dentistry in the state where you wish to practice for information about which examination is required.

The final step is to apply for a license through the state board of dentistry where licensure is desired. Once you have successfully completed the written National Dental Board Examinations, met the educational requirement and successfully completed the appropriate clinical examination for the state where you wish to practice, the next step is to apply for licensure.

You must contact the state board of dentistry for an application. You will then be informed whether there are any additional requirements specific to that state.

Several states have other requirements for all applicants. Some common requirements are:
- A pass in the written test on the state Dental Practice Act and Regulations
- Be certified in cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- Proof of having malpractice insurance.

The complete details on all the above procedures and other important relevant information can be found in 'The Dentist's Guide to Overseas Career'. Click Here to buy to Guide now.


Announcing New Guide
Discover Your Future
Discover the fortune that lies hidden in your present Overseas Make fortuneDental Career qualification and education with the help of  The Dentist's Guide to Overseas Career. It is the only guide in the entire world that helps international and foreign qualified, trained and educated Dentists, Dental Students and Dental Professionals in achieving overseas career goals.

Thousands of overseas qualified, trained and educated Dentists, Dental Students and Dental Professionals like you have benefitted from this Overseas Dental Career Guide.

If you are a Dentist, Dental Student or Dental Professional and want to enter, work, study and live in the United States of America, then you need this eBook. The guide gives almost all the important information and resources you will ever need.

To know what you will get and how you will benefit from this brilliant and trusted guide, Click here.

In future, some sections of this website will be available only to the Registered Users. Registration is free and simple. Register now and  have unrestricted access to all the features. You will also be eligible to  other benefits we extend to our members from time to time.  Click here to Register.


Build Your Future
Looking for a dream career overseas? Do not know when, where and how to begin?
Start Now

Discover Hidden Fortune
Professionals like you are making a fortune overseas. What are you doing right now? Discover Now

Complete Guide
How to go to  Australia, New Zealand, USA, UK or Canada  for a better career?
Learn Now

Great Time Saver
Save weeks of your valuable time in collecting information. Shortcut route to knowledge.
Know More

What You Ought to Know
Get all essential information and help  to launch your successful overseas career.
Learn More
Buy With Credit Card
100% Safety guaranteed. Easy and quick way to buy. Give details online  or by Phone or Fax. Click Here

  Buy With PayPal
Easy and quick way to buy if you have a PayPal account. Click Here
Buy With Check/Draft
You can send check or draft from  anywhere  in the world.  Click Here

Western Union Transfer
You can pay through Western Union. It takes only  a few minutes. Click Here

Indian Orders
If you are in India and do not have credit card, you can pay in Rupees. Click Here

Other Ways to Order
If the above methods do not suit you, you can still buy the Guide  Click Here



TrW15H10 LftBluRndCnr TrW15H10 TrW20H10 TrW180H01 TrW15H10
Terms of Use | Privacy Statement | Copyright Policy
About Publisher | Press Release
Copyright 2004 OverseasDentist.com All rights reserved.